Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Friday, November 1, 2013

Food for Thought Friday: "Mistake."

Okay, so I'm still fairly new to this blogging thing so bear with me on this! Lol I've seen some "Food for thought Friday" posts on here and so I figured I would give it a shot! :)

This topic has been on my mind for quite a while now because I just feel like it's something that people mindlessly say without giving it a second thought because it doesn't really seem like a big deal, but it is! It's the word "mistake." And I mean it in terms of like saying "Oh, I didn't plan this baby.. it was a mistake." WOAH! Do we really realize how traumatizing that one little word can be?! Granted, most parents may say it jokingly or not to their children's face, but that can honestly completely deplete one's self worth/confidence and it's a scar they will carry literally the rest of their lives. Also, this post goes to those who may have ever felt that once before in their life.. like you've wandered so far from the path you felt God wanted you on or you've ever reached your rock bottom and felt like you didn't deserve to live because you've felt like you've let so many people down and that your life is a huge "mistake." I've got news for ya... you're NOT! Not even close.  Now that being said, this post is in NO way meant to offend anyone nor is it directed towards anyone.. just simply sharing my thoughts!

Mistake:
  1. incorrect act or decision: an incorrect, unwise, or unfortunate act or decision caused by bad judgment or a lack of information or care
  2. error: something in a piece of work that is incorrect, e.g. a misspelling or a misprint
  3. misunderstanding: a misunderstanding of something
From this definition, I gather that most people do not realize the magnitude of the word itself.. It's huge.. no baby or person, absolutely none, is an unfortunate act. Children (ALL of Gods children)  are a BLESSING from God Himself.

 Mainly, I am speaking from this post as a mother and a young one at that. As many of you know, I had Austin at a very young age. I was only sixteen when I became pregnant and seventeen shortly after I gave birth. Although, the decision to have premarital sex was something that God frowns upon.. and definitely something that God has laid on my heart to preach to young women about the importance of waiting until marriage (because that is HUGE...and a whole different discussion itself.) I BELIEVE with my whole heart that he was a blessing from God, regardless of the circumstances. In no way, shape, or form was he a mistake! God knew exactly what he was doing and He makes no mistakes. All in all, being a mother has completely transformed my life and I will forever be thankful to Our Heavenly Father for such a beautiful gift to such an undeserving creature (me!)

You, whoever you may be, reading this are not a mistake! None of us are. We are all created by a God who makes NO mistakes. None, and we are beautiful to Him. He, THE creator of the universe,  knows each and every one of us by name! How awesome is that?! And, He loves us just as we are, just as we come.. to the outcast, the young mother, the underdog.. whomever needs to hear this. You are important and your life IS worth it. God has great plans for you and wants to use you in big ways.. you just have to open yourself to being used by Him. Just as He welcomes us with open arms, we have to welcome Him with an open heart and mind ready to be used in the way that He wants to use us. And, it can start today! Now, this doesn't mean that the instant you pray you'll get what you pray for or you'll have this amazing transformation instantly.. You get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work! It's a lot of hard work and you never stop working towards what we're called to be. But, I can promise you this... it will be worth it. Because, despite how lost you think you are or how worthless you feel your life is.. if God can use me.. He CAN and WILL use you! I cannot even begin to explain how God has completely transformed my life in the past year.. but, it's been totally worth every bit of pain, sorrow, and suffering. It has made me stronger. It will make you stronger.



"Let this be the day that joy takes the place
Of all of the years that shame tried to steal away
He is calling you
Lift your eyes to see His face
Come run into the arms of grace

You, you have been marked
You're set apart.
And He calls you His.
So you don't have to search
Don't have to look for where you belong

You are wanted."






So, my "food for thought" is this... Please be cautious and aware of the word "mistake." And, for those of you who can relate directly to this post please deeply consider and search within yourself to take the next step of handing your life to our God, let him shape you into the person He wants you to be and I promise you that when you let God take control that's when you will truly know peace, love, and happiness. You don't have to be lost anymore. Let go and let God!

Have a fab weekend all!!

Xo,


Amber






No comments:

Post a Comment