Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Power of Christian Radio



So, driving home from work the other day I was listening to Christian Radio and I heard a song that I've heard several times, but for some reason the lyrics really moved me this time and spoke directly to my heart. The song is The Proof of Your Love by for King & Country.. LISTEN! I know, I know I'm a woman and emotional and I sometimes cry watching the Voice, BUT this song really gets the wheels turning in your brain and could EASILY change your outlook on life.. The song itself is based on 1 Corinthians 13:1-7.. (which is really cool to me because the more popular/well known Bible verse directly follows.. "Love is patient..") It's about love.. and how without it in your life everything that you do is essentially meaningless...

It reads: "If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love."

Just reading that gives me the chills! I love that SO very much. I think that as a Christian it's easy to have this misconception that if you preach Gods word and you pray and you go to church that it automatically grants you access to Heaven... but, that's NOT the case. You HAVE to love with your whole heart and that doesn't mean loving selectively either.  Because think about it.. are we not ALL fallen creatures and sinners?! How can we chose who we think is a bigger sinner than us? Didn't God say that all sins are equal.. one is not any worse than the other. It is not our place to judge and ultimately love selectively! Think about it this way... God made each and every one of us. We are all of Gods creations.. and I will tell you this.. God is a beautiful artist. He makes no mistakes.

We are called as Christians to LOVE our brothers and sisters.. not gossip, hate, bully, point fingers, or judge. When we love, and I mean truly love each other something beautiful happens. God smiles. I believe it makes Him truly happy!

Listen to this song, read your Bible, and ponder about what it means to TRULY love one another and JUST DO IT!! I'm definitely going to work REALLY hard on this!!



Here's the video and link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2dKOfbC9c



Have a great night all (sorry if this post is all a total ramble!!)

Xo,

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment