Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What's cookin' Wednesday: Honey Teriyaki Chicken {low-cal!}

Okay, so I just lied.. It's not really Wednesday.. It's Tuesday.. But, it's not nearly as cute and catchy.. So, we'll just go with it.. 😜 I hope y'all enjoy this dish as much as my fam did.. I could eat this everyday! It's good stuff. So, here ya go! (feel free to leave comments/suggestions!)


Honey Teriyaki Chicken

Prep/cook time: 20-30 min
Serves: 3-4
Calories: 320 (BOOM! Since it's low cal that means you can eat like four bowls right?! ;) ) 


Whatcha need:
•1.5-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders 
•1/3 cup honey
•1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (I just used the generic brand, I'm a frugal momma! And it was just as good!!)
•1 tbs soy sauce (low sodium is good!)
•1 tbs minced garlic
•1/2 tsp salt
•1/2 tsp black pepper 
[optional: 2 tbs sesame seeds]
[oil for cooking; I use olive]
[some type of rice or noodle to serve over.. I used brown because it is healthier. :) ] 

-Chop chicken into small 1 inch pieces 

-In a large bowl add all remaining ingredients (minus the seeds if you're using them!) and mix well.. The honey is kind of hard to mix at first, but as you mix the consistency will get better. Add the chicken as well and make sure it is well coated (? I have no clue if "well coated" is even a word combo.. Whatev lol)

-Transfer the sauce/chicken mix to an oiled pan on med heat (I used olive oil, but you can use whatever you prefer!)

-After about 5-6 minutes crank the heat to high and stir occasionally 

-Cook until sauce reduces ( I promise it will, even if it doesn't look like it!) This takes about 15 minutes.

-Add sesame seeds on top, if you used them and let it sit for about 5 min.. If you can resist that long, and eat up!

[I served mine over brown rice as a healthier option, but you can serve it over whatever you choose!] 

-ENJOY! I am pretty sure I could've eaten my weight in this meal.. It's dangerously delish. 

Have a great Tuesday, y'all! 

XO, 

Amber 



  



No comments:

Post a Comment